Tuesday, April 14, 2009

New Baby Birds!


I got home from work tonight and Drew surprised me with this picture! My momma bird hatched her babies and they are really cute. From the looks of it they probably hatched several days ago but I had not noticed. I am glad that my watering has not hurt them.

I am interpreting this as a good sign. Silly, I know but I am an overly sensitive pattern detector (which is science-speak for superstitious). I am hoping that this is a sign of good fortune for my dissertation defense on Friday and that the rest of 2009 is going to be better than the first 1/4 of it, which has been pretty miserable for me.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:25 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

YAY! Yay baby birds! Yay defense! Yay, yay, yay!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Taryn said...

Good luck Sara! I know you will do awesome and you'll feel so relieved when you are done. Life after grad school is so much better too, so I'm sure the rest of your year will only get better from here!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

I agree with Taryn... it will only get better from here! Congratulations and good luck!

Good thing you've been watering them -- you've helped them grow!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger A-M said...

Yes, yes and yes it is a fabulous omen. So sorry to hear that you have had a bad year but I am certain it will get exponentially better. Will be thinking about you on Friday when you kick butt!!

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Thanks everyone! I will let you know how it goes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home