Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Lovely and Amazing Husband



I originally planned on posting about my surgery but I realized that there is not much to say. I received great care at TMC. The anesthesiologist actually gave me a lidocaine shot before putting the IV in my hand so it would be more comfortable. Dr. Gardner was great, and with the general anesthesia plus the 2 doses of demerol I received in recovery, and the vicodin waiting for me at home, I was never in too much pain. Honestly, the surgery was by far the easiest part of this entire experience both physically and emotionally. Therefore, I decided to write about how amazing my husband has been rather than about yesterday’s surgery.

Losing the baby has been very difficult for both me and Drew. Moreover, Drew has had his own grieving process to get though. Yet he has been so wonderful and supportive this past week, and I could not imagine spending my life with anyone else. When I changed into my heinous hospital gown, Drew told me that even though it was the worst thing I have ever had to wear I still looked beautiful. While he was waiting with me in pre-op, Drew kept trying to distract me with humor and little tricks with his hands so I would not get too anxious and start crying. It was the perfect thing to do. As soon as I was out of surgery he called my mom to let her know that everything was fine (my mom was really nervous about the general anesthesia). After taking me home, he has done everything possible to make me comfortable and look after me. Drew has brought me all my meals in bed, and has made me feel very loved this entire time. I cannot express in writing how lucky I am that we met.

Obviously, this is not how I wanted this pregnancy to end. Now that I am feeling better, however, I can start to think about the silver lining. Most wedding vows contain something along the lines of “for better or worse”, or “in good times and in bad”. I have always known in my heart that this was true for Drew and me. But now I also have the data (yes, I am a scientist and we always like to have the data) proving that my husband will always do everything he can to support and look out for me.

Thank you sweetie, I love so much.

3 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger marsha said...

I love you and I am sending you both lots and lots of gigantic hugs.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger Mischala said...

Sara, I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but really enjoyed reading how wonderful Drew has been through all of this. I'm glad you have each other.

 
At 11:15 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I adore you both and I never want either of you to experience another moment of discomfort. Ever. That being unlikely, I, too am glad you have each other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home