Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Final Countdown

This morning I woke up in the Gas Lamp district of downtown San Diego. Tomorrow morning I will get up at 3am to catch the trolley at 4:30am. The trolley will only take me to the finish of the San Diego Rock 'n Roll marathon so I will then have to get on the shuttle to the start of the marathon. The race begins at 6:30 am. Hopefully by 10:30 am I will be relaxing and making plans to drink beer! Right now I am both nervous and excited and I keep imagining little aches and pains all over my body. My buddy assures me that these "imaginary pains" are normal.

The plans for today: remain calm, eat, eat, eat, go to the beach, and hang out with old friends.

2 Comments:

At 11:26 AM, Blogger Taryn said...

Good luck Sara! I hope you accomplish your goal and have a great time. It will be over before you know it and you'll be enjoying some well deserved beer.

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Sara said...

Thanks TJ!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home