Friday, July 16, 2010

Trip to Oregon

On Wednesday we returned from our week in Oregon celebrating my Dad's 60th birthday. All things considered Miles was a great little traveler. He only cried a little on the flights to and from Portland. This is amazing since our flight to Portland had 3 takeoffs and landings, which was a lot for his little ears. The high points of traveling with an infant were not having to worry about early check-in and getting to use family boarding. Also, on Southwest airlines when the flights were not full they let us keep the car seat in the seat next to us so we got an entire row to ourselves. The low points were having to change Miles in an airplane bathroom after a blowout in which Drew's jeans were the causality and all of stuff we had to travel with. It was not an easy endeavor. That aside, it was a great trip and for the first time in many years I feel like I want to move back to Portland. I miss my family and friends there deeply and feel guilty that Miles is not growing up closer to all of these wonderful people that love him. Here is a montage of pictures from the trip. Unfortunately, I do not have the pictures from my Dad's party, including the picture of 4 generations of Burkes. I have to get those off his camera.

Miles with his lovely and amazing Aunt Sarah.

Miles with his beloved Great Grandma Betty.

Zen Baby - he fits right in with the SE Portland demographic.

Nap time on the Oregon Coast

Miles sleeping through the stunning view at Cape Meares

Miles missing out on another view - we will remind him of this when he complains that we never take him anywhere.

Walking the beach at Happy Camp with Sophie. I wish our girls had been there. Scout and Riley love this beach.

Miles wearing his first hoodie at Happy Camp.

Miles getting baptized as an Oregonian. Yes, I put his feet in the cold Pacific Ocean, but mine are in there too and he didn't seem to mind.

Running his toes through the sand for the first time.


1 Comments:

At 1:33 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I love that picture of him meditating. Maybe he can teach me his technique. I wish I got to hold him more...oh well, that's what unemployment will be for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home