Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week 35 (WARNING - This post contains the word cervix)

Drew and I just had a somewhat encouraging doctor's appointment. When Dr. Kazemi-Dunn examined my cervix she said that it had softened to the point that it was very easy for her to feel the baby's head. This is good news on two fronts: 1) the cervix needs to soften for labor to begin, therefore this could mean that things are getting started, 2) It appears that the baby is now in the head-down position! The one caveat to this is that Dr. Kazemi-Dunn also felt a round mass of baby up near the top of my uterus. She admitted to the possibility of mistaking the bum for the head (by the way, she is a great doctor; very calm with no arrogance). His heart beat was loudest right in the middle so this offers no additional clue regarding his position. We will know more next week when I go for the last sono, but I am feeling a bit more optimistic about being able to avoid the ECV, which can be painful, and/or a C-section.

1 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Yay! I'm going to keep saying my "HEAD DOWN" chant. I'm so excited to meet the baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home