Wednesday, February 10, 2010

29 weeks and the Baby Shower

Today I am 29 weeks pregnant. Only 77 more days to go (plus or minus a week or so)! I also had another doctor's appointment today, as I am now seeing Dr. Kazemi-Dunn every 2 weeks. This appointment inlcuded the glucose tolerance test. Arg...the crap a pregnant lady has to put up with. I had to drink this overly sweet drink that tasted like extra-swleet kool-aid. In fact, it was so sweet that it made my eyes water. I will get the results back tomorrow. The good news is that I will not have to go for another sonogram. Everything looks good with the baby and my OB will probably just do one more sonogram in the office right before delivery to get a size estimate. My weight is now up by 24 pounds so I am on target to gain about 35 pounds overall, which is average.

In other news, my mom was in town over the weekend so she could be here for Drew's and my baby shower. Jenne and Fiona hosted at our house and we (my mom included) had a great time. The shower was made extra special by my Aunt Susan being in town from Portland. I hadn't seen her since getting pregnant so it was wonderful to have her around. She also made us the most amazing baby book ever. Thank God for my Aunt Susan. Drew and I are not good at these things. We were married for 2 years before we put up any wedding pictures, so this was the only way that our baby was going to get a book. And the one Susan made for us is the most incredible baby book I have ever seen. She even included a glue stick so Drew and I have no excuse to not get the pictures together and in the right place.

Here is just a sample page of my Aunt's craft genius. Trust me, the picture does not do it justice.



Anyway, Jenne did an amazing job with the food and decorations for the shower, including a delicous jungle-themed cake that was half vanilla and half chocolate. Because I actually enjoy watching people drink and I do not believe in dry gatherings, regardless of the occasion and my ability to consume, there was beer and wine at our shower as well. I drank sparkling juice out of a wine glass along with the three other pregnant ladies that attended. It was great have everyone over, and Drew and I recieved a lot of helpful and really fun baby gear.

The jungle cake


My mom, Fiona and Jenne


Our next door nieghbor Michelle and our friend Penny showing off their bellies along with me. They are both 8 weeks ahead of me but my 29 week bump is holding its own. This is a little terrifying.


At the shower, Fiona learned that she liked Riley, and...


My belly!


After the shower, my mom was busy making this quilt for the baby. It turned out great, and I cannot believe she got it so perfect in a single weekend.


We wrapped up my mom's visit with a trip to the Tucson Botanical Garden and the 'Butterfly Magic' exhibit. For lack of a better statement, 'it was magic'...







Me and Drew in the Butterfly exhibit.

3 Comments:

At 10:29 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Looking gorgeous, all of you! Sad to have missed it!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger Sara said...

I am sad you missed you it too. If only we could all be independently wealthy. I know that you would make an awesome rich person!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger marsha said...

ah! your baby belly is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home