Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Update, Part II: Day 1 of the Third Trimester


This is my belly. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Today I am 28 weeks along! Only 3 more months to go. So far, so good. I am having some heartburn but it has only been really bad a couple of times. Additionally, my lower back pain has also been tolerable (knock on wood). It is getting harder to sleep at night but I can still jog a little (in 1 mile, or sometimes less, increments).

Yesterday we had another sonogram and the choriod plexus cysts were completely gone. The baby is still measuring on the large side, and poor me he has my big head. He is in the 79% for size and was estimated to wieigh about 2lb 9oz as of February 2nd. He is currently head up, which annoys me because at all of the other sonograms he has been head down and now I have to worry about him turning around. At least there is still plenty of time. My weight is up by 22lbs and my belly in currently 41 inches around. I think this is about 11 inches larger than it was 7 months ago.

Here are some long overdue pictures from the sonograms we had at 21 and 24 weeks. I still have not scanned in the most recent photos, but I will try to remember to post those later.


His cute little feet at 21 weeks.


He is indeed a boy and a thumb sucker (21 weeks).


His spine at 21 weeks.


His 21 week profile.


His foot at 24 weeks. It looks about the same as 3 weeks earlier but trust me it is bigger. I can tell when he kicks my bladder.


His bum at 24 weeks and more confirmation that he is a boy.

3 Comments:

At 8:02 PM, Blogger A-M said...

you look AWESOME! So glad to hear all is well. Besides the nausea at the beginning pregnancy I didn't think that pregnancy was really that bad (Ok, the last 2-3 weeks can get tough). And you can still jog a mile?!?! Impressive! Labor will be a breeze. He has time to turn around don't worry, most of them do with plenty of time. Keep us posted!!

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Taryn said...

Congrats! I love the monkeys in the baby's room.

Sorry about the big headed baby, but I would probably be right there with you. I remember that you had a big head too from a head measuring party one night. I was sure mine was the biggest and you beat me!

Awesome picture of the Tucson snow too!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so dismayed that those doctors stressed you out for nothing. I wish I could punish them. Anyway, you look beautiful and those are the best sonogram pictures I have ever seen, especially the spine one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home