Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Halloween

This was the first time in many years that Drew and I actually acknowledged Halloween. Because of all the kids in our new neighborhood we even carved pumpkins.


My pumpkin is on the left. I used a tiki design to get in the spirit of leaving for Hawaii next week. Drew carved the pumpkin on the right.

On the morning of Halloween Drew woke up and decided that it would be hilarious if he dressed as a kitty. So we went to target and got some eye-liner and I made him ears.

Despite the fact that Drew dislikes cats and is allergic, he makes a cute one.

I was less inspired and just wore Drew's clothes and my Grandpa's Fedora.


We had at least 30 different groups of kids stop by for candy. Some of them were really cute and some were just plain creepy. I get weirded out by trick or treaters that are taller than me and tweener girls in sexy costumes. One girl about age 11 was wearing nothing but a bikini and a short little sarong. After about 8pm the cute little kids stopped coming by and it was mainly older kids. We were also running out of candy so we turned out the lights and went to a party a friends.

On Monday, we found out the hard way what happens to pumpkins left outside with unattended dogs.


Notice the teeth marks. Each dog took a pumpkin but I am pretty confident that it was Scout's idea.

In other news, my belly has grown by 3 inches. Although I am still in that awkward stage where I could either have a beer belly or be pregnant, I broke down yesterday and got a belly band and some maternity clothes. My jeans had become really uncomfortable so it feels very luxurious to not have to button them.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger A-M said...

A male kitty and a pregnant guy. How subversive :) You guys do look mighty cute.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Sara said...

That is exactly what we were going for! Thanks A-M. I hope that you and your family are well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home