Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stupid Javelina!

Jon pointed out to me that those of you who have not spent time in the Sonoran Desert probably have no idea what javelina are. I cannot believe that I actually used to pay money to go see these things at the Desert Museum.

These creatures are now the bane of my existence. I used to find them so cute. Occasionally, we would be running in the evening and spot a family of them in the desert around our neighborhood. Now they are taking over the neighborhood (perhaps taking it back is more accurate, since they were probably here first). Anyway, on Sunday and Tuesday night they knocked over our garbage and flung it all over the side of our house. GRRRR. Since the garbage cannot fit in the garage with both cars, I now have the lid fastened shut with old climbing gear, and the battle of wits begins. Who is smarter, the wild pig-like creature or me?



...Don't answer that please.

3 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Taryn said...

I'll trade you some raccoons or better yet nutria for some javelina!

PS. Your beautiful hiking pics have made me very jealous lately, but it makes me feel better when you said that this may be the last sub 90 degree weekend :) I can't even imagine that right now. Also, Miles is super cute as usual!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger sandra said...

glad for the picture, I didn't know what javelina were and was too lazy to look it up!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Ha! Nutria! Oregon's very own R.O.U.S. You are right Taryn, they are worse than javelina. I hope you get some sunshine soon. My folks have said that this has been a particularly long and oppressive weather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home