Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Oregon Trip

Drew and I started our drive to Oregon with Scout and Riley around 6:30am on Sept. 11. Strategically, this was the same day that Marsha and Brian left for their big move to Durham, North Carolina. I was very relieved to have the distraction of a 23 hour drive and a 2 week vacation from pouting about one of my best friends moving away.

Anyway, the dogs travelled great. Scout liked to sit up between Drew and I so she could see out the front window and Riley slept most of the way.


Scout 'keeping an eye' on Drew's driving.
















We made it to Zion the first day. Zion is a very special place for me and I often wish that it was in Arizona and not Utah.
















We got to Portland early on Wednesday and immediately took the girls to the Williamette river with Ben and my parents dog Sophie to swim. Ben is a dear family friend and the person that has been keeping my parents off the streets for the past few months.
















The main purpose of our trip was to put together some wedding plans and we got a lot done. We found a woman to officiate the ceremony. Her name is Elaine Traffe and she is incredible. She rock climbs and bought us beers when we met with her to talk about the wedding ceremony. We also have a tentative reception menu planned. I will post more on this later.















The wedding site, which is still under construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home